How can I get hitched?
General Information Regarding Engaged And Getting Married
Anyone can get hitched for as long they meet the requirements in line with the Danish Act from the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you might be engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, elsewhere in Denmark or abroad, you need to fill in and have now an application authorized.
The initial you are able to use is four months prior to the date you want to get married.
If you’re to obtain hitched in a unique town than your town of residence, or in a church or other spiritual community, you need to make an application for a alleged “provelsesattest”. You must apply for an “?gteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The applying form may be the regardless that is same of document you submit an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has had effect on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can easily read more about that and also the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right Here you can easily find out about the likelihood of an available atmosphere wedding within the City of Copenhagen.
Right right right Here you are able to learn about the likelihood of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put which you decide.
Read more in regards to the needs
An alteration in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration means some applications for wedding are going to be prepared with a main nationwide product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the central unit that is national couples where one or both parties:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- would not have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- never have acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark based on EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still wedding that is performing.
You need to deliver the job to your municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bop?lskommune) if you both meet the after criteria:
- You’re Danish or Nordic residents
- You have got a permanent residence permit for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
You can read more concerning this on the internet site of this continuing State management by hitting this website website link.
You can easily read more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
You must fill in and send the notice of marriage form digitally if you are both registered as residents in Denmark, and have NemID.
Crucial: Read ” the best place to Apply” above, before giving the application.
Utilizing the application you have to deliver the documentation that is following
- Scan of the passport or nationwide ID card if you’re maybe perhaps not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of directly to permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with the EU-rules, if you should be perhaps maybe not just a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
In case a document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe perhaps not released by way of A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done with a translator that is certified.
If you should be a resident in a Nordic nation you have to submit the following
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are released by Skatteverket, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you deliver them to us.
- Scan associated with photo page of one’s legitimate passport
The provingsattest is released by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan for the image web page of one’s legitimate passport
The provelsesattest must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan for the photo web web web page of the valid passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriage ceremonies can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses you are welcome to carry your personal. You don’t have to share with us about that until straight away ahead of the wedding service
- Exact exact exact Same intercourse marriages is probably not recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- It is possible to just improve your title if you’re registered as being a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been married abroad it is possible to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You can easily find out more in order to find contact information for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office could be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
For those who have NemID you are able to compose a protected mail via this website link.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Contact number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including finding a right time for the wedding party
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon